Wednesday 26 September 2012

Sorry


I have a confession to make. I've made the most dreadful mistake! It's been haunting me for quite a while now and I feel that it is time to stand up and to properly address the issue, before it completely overwhelms me, causing my char-blackened soul to shrivel within, until I become nothing but a hollowed-out and pointless husk. Obviously I won't be occupying any less physical space, but look into my eyes and you'll be able to sense the betrayal; it'll be slowly leaking out to colour grey all that I touch.

In my defence I should like to point out that, even at the time of the afore-alluded-to mistake, I was probably deluding myself; it'd been another tough day 'at the office' and my mind really wasn't 'up to the job'. Suddenly, completely out of the blue, the ultimate prize seemed to loom before me and I was completely dazzled, corrupted almost! I took my eye off the ball, so to speak, and when I looked down again somebody had stolen the ball, moved the match to another venue, bribed the referee, blown the final whistle and ploughed up the pitch. Another Tesco, I should imagine...

Thanks to Liberal Democrats

It was then, back at that, pre pledge, time that I felt I'd arrived at some sort of deal, certainly a contractual obligation. Of course, looking back now, the deal was obviously far too good to have been true, but, at the time, I honestly felt committed to it. I duly signed upon the dotted line, almost literally, and, for as long as I could bear to look at my own reflection of a morning, I stuck with it.

Well, you should, shouldn't you? What sort of future world, for the next generation, would we be endorsing if nobody could be entrusted to tell the truth, if nobody could ever be taken at their word? Imagine!

With hindsight I now recognise that I should never have made such a pledge. It's certainly the  type of pledge that I shall never make again. And, by addressing it via this blog, I'm hoping to draw a line under the whole sorry issue and to move on with my life.

You see, I voted for Nick's Liberal Democrats and, in return, Nick pledged not to raise tuition fees.

Obviously, this is now recognised as a mistake on both sides of the deal, so if I can just have back my vote, then Nick, you can carry on selling your deflated husk of a soul, and we need both say no more about it

..?

..?

..?

..?

Thanks to Liberal Democrats

But, we can't can we? That's the thing, isn't it Nick? I, along with tens (or hundreds?) of thousands of other voters, 'democratically' selected you and your bods, largely attracted by, amongst other allusions to a fairer society, your impassioned commitment not to raise tuition fees.

Otherwise, you wouldn't be where you currently are, misrepresenting current Tory austerity measures as having no alternative, continuing to delude yourself that you operate under even the most infinitesimally minute political mandate. Rather you'd, more than likely, be teetering upon the precipice of 'lost in the annuls of political oblivion'.

For myself, observing your desperate evasiveness from a safe distance, this kind of role- that of political oblivion- seems far more aptly suited to your capabilities; so should you, at any time soon, require some sort of reference, please feel free to ask. I've had time to reflect upon my misguided pledge, learned from my mistakes, and, fully enlightened, I'll be more than happy to oblige.

Lies, damned lies and pledges...

No comments:

Post a Comment